Saying “Goodbye 2014” & “Hello 2015” – I know for a lot of people, myself included 2014 has been an incredibly difficult year. Parts of it have been really shit and it has taken all my energy to put one foot in front of the other.
So, I thought that instead of adding more energy to the yucky stuff I’d reflect on the blessings and give gratitude for the good stuff.
So, in no particular order here are a collection of things I’m grateful to 2014 for –
1. The sun came up every day.
2. The love of a good man – xxx
3. The lessons and love I’ve received from my kids 🙂
4. The love and support from my friends and family who’ve been there when I needed them – you know who you are.
5. The joy I get from my dogs.
6. Faith – not the formal religious kind, but the feeling that there is an universal spirit energy bigger than me who knows WTF is going on and has a plan. And that everything is gonna be ok.
7. The new people who have come into my life this year, and the return of friends I haven’t had contact with for a while.
So, as I reflect on this year of learning and transformation, I can see how far I’ve come and I know there is more to come. And that’s great – to be stuck in the same place with no change would feel worse for me.
With an attitude of gratitude and in perfect grace, I thank you 2014 for the times we’ve had and as you fade from view, I’m looking forward to stepping through the door into 2015 tonight and see what magic unfolds.
Blessings to us all 🙂