Christmas and Money Personalities
As we race towards Christmas and all that is to us, money can be an issue or a blessing. How does it feel to you?
There are 5 main money types that we can fall into to – which one resonates with you?
- Happiest when has large amounts of money to spend, to save, and/or to invest.
- Tends to equate money with self-worth and power.
- Enjoys making own financial decisions.
- Has a hard time balancing chequebook, paying bills promptly, and doing taxes on time.
- Avoids making a budget or keeping any kind of financial record.
- Feels incompetent or overwhelmed when faced dealing with money.
- Likes to save money and prioritize financial goals.
- Has a budget and enjoys the processes of creating and reviewing it.
- Has a hard time spending money on self and loved ones for luxury items or practical gifts.
- Thinks that money is dirty, bad, and that if you have too much of it, it will corrupt you, “money is the root of all evil.”
- Identifies with people of modest means.
- Would feel uneasy and anxious at the thought of receiving a windfall.
- Enjoys using money to buy goods and services for gifts and immediate pleasure.
- Has a hard time saving money and prioritizing the things you’d like in life.
- Spends most or all of the money earnt, and you may even be in debt.
So did you see yourself in there? Your money type is influenced by the things you have learned about money from other people – especially family, your experiences, and the stage of life you are at.
Understanding your money personality is key to understanding how to master the energy of money and set your life free. If this article has bought up some worries or unhelpful points of view about money please get in contact and we can sort it out together.